Prefuse 73

Saturday, January 21 by Brian Pan

When I was in Florida, I got a lot of good music from ernie. Including a handful of tracks from the Prefuse 73 album One Word Extinguisher. I finally got around to listening to it and I really like it. I didn't find too much on the internet so I got a bunch of albums from a kind Trencher who yousendit'ed to me. : )

Hopefully I'm not stealing a post from ernie but I thought I'd post while the albums are still available to be downloaded (next 7 days).

The music is a blend of electronic music and hip hop. It's fairly experimental, which is to say, it's at times more of a musically composed set of electronic sounds than a song with a usual melody. A few of the songs are more straight hip hop sounding with raps over electronic backgrounds.

Anyway, here's the file, it's a compressed rar file.

http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25AWGEC88O4V53IIQKEAMC3LWX

And here's a bit more from the allmusic bio:
Prefuse 73 is the alias of Scott Herren, an experimental hip-hop producer whose material often features MCs buried in the mix to become more a part of the sonic texture than a focal point. Herren began his career working in commercial studios in Atlanta, but later went on to more experimental work.

EDIT: Hmm, some of the rips are pretty poor. Start with Vocal Studies & Uprock Narratives. It'll blow ya mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home